Posts and Sparkles

πŸ’I have a love for sparkles, especially on my earlobes. I think that must be why I prefer to wear sterling silver instead gold, rose gold, stainless steel. For the below earrings, I used the most perfect Sculpey Premo clay called "white gold glitter" and then used alcohol ink pens to add color and abstract designs to the slab before I used my flower cutter. I adore these so much that I made duplicates, something I rarely do. All told I think I made 6 pairs. 


When I wear the flower shape I get the most compliments. It doesn't matter what color they are or what design is on them. 🌺

I’ve also been working very hard on learning to make fabulous post earrings. Here are some black post earrings, in honor of my friend Amy, who dearly loves the color black, but who never, ever wears jewelry! Maybe this jewelry line can be called "Amy's Black". ❤

   


My black cats are lucky, despite what you might think! A little bit of mica powder on the hearts on the right give them more of a gray, shimmery color. Sort of like Amy's "summer" black, lol.


πŸ’‘Here is what I have learned during the last month of jewelry making:

  1. Alcohol ink stains your fingers.
  2. Rubbing alcohol is great for cleaning alcohol ink off your fingers.
  3. You can use rubbing alcohol to clean your workspace, tissue blades, and your paintbrushes.
  4. I adore using alcohol ink.
  5. Smaller might be better. I get more compliments when I am wearing smaller earrings. But that won't stop me from wearing the bigger earrings I made!
  6. It's very gratifying to give someone you love, something you love.
I took a dozen pairs of earrings to my bonus sister and bonus mother last week. Included in the lot was a pair I personally adored and had a hard time parting with. That's the hard part of creating - you sometimes want to keep everything! 

Hopefully someday I will have the courage to sell them at a market or a fair but for now, I'm learning a lot and enjoying myself immensely.





Fini.

 


 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkle, baby!

Hobby is Escape