What you see here is an oopsie. Clearly I bought a left/right pair of cutters, and somehow ended up making 12 single earrings instead of 6 pairs of earrings. I didn’t even realize it until I was about to start putting them together after I baked, sanded, and buffed them. I picked up the first “pair” and realized I had two left earrings, not a left and right earring. I feel like that’s what this blog is. A running list of oopsies and a hooray or two, depending on how the week went.

 


I do make a lot of mistakes that frustrate me. The mistake above. Or trying to mix some clays together and finding that it just makes a turd color. Using inferior quality ear hooks that tarnish. Having posts fall off the back of an earring. Seeing light-colored clay turn dark during a bake.

It’s a lot to learn and I am teaching myself. I wish there was a class I could take but there isn’t.

Mistakes are part of life, but I get very frustrated at times and have to remind myself that I cannot be an expert in something until I practice doing it multiple times. It’s hard for someone like me to take risks. I am very risk-averse. It is hard to tell myself that I am only practicing on a $1 piece of clay and not to worry about it.

It helps to go back and look at the pieces I was making a year ago. Only in looking back can I see progress. That’s something I need to remember.

 

 

Fini.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkle, baby!

Hobby is Escape