The Mistake after the Mistake

 

This post is a continuation of a previous post where I talked about how sometimes things do not go smoothly, and you learn from your mistakes, etc. Well. What you see below are two shapes. Backstory: I bought a left and right cutter...keep this in mind.

I took a slab of pearl clay and shaved tiny pieces of five different clay colors onto the slab to create a speckled effect. It took a long time to do the front and back of the slab and then smooth it out. Then I used the cutter to cut out my shapes.


When I used the cutter, apparently, I only used the LEFT cutter and cut out 6 left earrings. After I baked them and sealed them, and prepared to attach jump rings and hooks, I realized I had made 6 left earrings and 0 right earrings. I was pretty pissed. 

Undaunted, I went through the whole process again using up a whole bar of pearl clay and re-shaving these tiny speckles of different colored clay, front and back, etc.. Then I cut out the other 6 earring shapes so they'd match and be left and right earrings.

Guess what? I flippin' did it again! I CUT OUT 6 MORE LEFT EARRINGS. OMG. There was a prompt meltdown. I said I was crazy. I said my brain was messed up. I was so frustrated.

Then my husband came over and said that there was nothing wrong with me and that I needed to just scrap them all and start fresh. I was sort of mad to hear that but then decided to do just that. 

Well. Hallelujah and Amen! I finally got two pairs. Left and right. 




I am taking a break from using this cutter for a while.



Fini.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkle, baby!

Hobby is Escape